If you need your beauty rest; so does your adorable German Shepherd. You may have a lot of options available; but with our best dog bed for German Shepherd review, we aim to nudge you towards the right direction.
Finding the right dog bed for your canine companion should not be that hard; but it tends to be quite the challenge if you do not really know what you are looking for. But if we work together, we may just spot the most appropriate dog bed for your furry friend.
You also may like: Best Puppy Shampoo for German Shepherds
Reviews of the Best Dog Beds for German Shepherd
In order to trim down your choices, we have scoured the market and compiled a list of the best beds that the industry has to offer. Our top picks include: the Armarkat Pet Bed Mat, the FurHaven NAP Ultra Plush Deluxe, the PetFusion Ultimate Memory Foam Bed, and the FurHaven NAP Indoor/Outdoor Deluxe.
1. Armarkat Pet Bed Mat
The Armarkat Pet Bed is a heavy-duty pet bed that aims to give your dog the best sleep without giving your pocket a hard time.
- Made with a tough canvas and soft plush exterior giving your dog optimal comfort without sacrificing durability.
- Water-resistant and skid-free bottom that makes the bed stay where you want it to stay.
- Removable and washable cover and waterproof lining that allows you to keep the bed looking and smelling like new.
- Comes in medium, large, extra-large, and extra-extra-large sizes to accommodate any dog size.
If you are looking for a reasonably priced dog bed that can perform as good as any expensive brand; then the Armarkat Pet Bed Mat may be the dog bed for your German Shepherd.
2. Furhaven Pet Large Dog Bed with Removable Washable Cover
FurHaven’s Ultra Plush Deluxe is an pet and Earth-friendly orthopedic mattress pet bed hailing from the NAP line of beds. The developers of this dog bed model promises to give your dog the right amount of body support that allows your pet to have a great night’s rest.
- Waterproof polycanvas base that ensures the mattress does not go anywhere regardless how much your pup tosses and turns.
- Certified flexible polyurethane foam designed with a convoluted foam to give your furry friend maximum comfort, body support, and blood circulation.
- Plush suedine gusset surface for soft and snuggly sleep.
- Easy-to-remove and machine washable fabric cover to keep it smelling fresh and looking great for years to come.
- Comes on small, medium, large, and jumbo sizes accommodating dogs of various shapes and sizes.
When you are in search of a pet bed that allows your dog to sleep easy regardless of their size, age, and health condition; then the FurHaven NAP Ultra Plush Deluxe Orthopedic Mattress Pet Bed may be the best choice for your German Shepherd.
3. PetFusion Ultimate Memory Foam Dog Bed
PetFusion’s Ultimate Dog Bed is a high-quality memory foam mattress that strives to give your beloved canine maximum comfort and provide you with utmost convenience.
- Made with certified memory foam mattress that adjusts its surface to cradle your dog’s unique shape to give them the right amount of comfort and support while they sleep.
- Solid, high-density dog bed with an outer bolster for additional lounging options catering to your pup’s napping preferences.
- Easy-to-remove and easy-to-wash outer cover that enables you to keep the bed free from dirt, stains, and other forms of puppy debris.
- Comes in small, large, extra-large, jumbo, and serenity lounge sizes to give your pet all the space they need.
Should you find yourself in the market for a versatile dog bed that gives your German Shepherd all the lounging and sleeping options possible; then the PetFusion Ultimate Memory Foam Dog Bed may be the bed to end your search.
4. FurHaven NAP Indoor/Outdoor Deluxe Orthopedic Mattress Pet Bed
FurHaven’s NAP Indoor/ Outdoor Deluxe is a pet-friendly orthopedic dog bed that wants to give your canine friend a great sleeping and lounging surface virtually anywhere you like.
- Orthopedic mattress with a deep convoluted surface design for a restorative sleep, amazing pressure point relief, and good blood circulation.
- Coated polycanvas cover that protects the foam core stain and dirt requiring less machine washing.
- CertiPUR-US-certified flexible polyurethane foam with an easy step-on design that gives access to your furry family member regardless of their size and age.
- Waterproof mattress surface that allows it to be a great option for indoor and outdoor napping and lounging.
- Comes in small, medium, large, and jumbo sizes to give comfort to any dog of any size and shape.
Whenever you are in the market for a durable orthopedic dog bed that can give your German Shepherd restorative z’s inside or outside of the house; then the FurHaven NAP Indoor/Outdoor Deluxe Orthopedic Mattress Pet Bed may just be the bed you are looking for.
Preparing Your Pup for Bed: Basics of Finding the Best Dog Bed For Your German Shepherd
Dog bedshave gone a long way from the simple blanket-on-the-floor set up. Nowadays, dog beds are designed to address the varying needs of your precious pup.
What are the benefits of having a dog bed?
The advantages of having a dog bed includes:
- Giving your pet a safe haven that they can call their own.
- Preventing injury while sleeping by giving the proper support to their joints, bones, and muscles.
- Lowers the risk of injuries because they no longer need to jump on beds and furniture designed for humans.
- Spares your bed from loose dog hair and other dog-related dirt and stain.
How to find the right dog bed for your German Shepherd?
Before buying a pet bed, you have to consider a few things first.
Dog’s Weight and Size
Taking into consideration the size of your pet when buying a bed is common sense; but often times their weight is neglected in the equation.
The weight of your dog is related to the thickness of the bed. If your pet is a little bit on the heavy side, buying a bed with a mattress that can support their weight and properly cushion their shape is the ideal choice.
Since a full-grown German Shepherd can be anywhere between 75 to 95 pounds and 22 to 26 inches when standing, extra-large or jumbo-sized beds with a thick mattress can be a good choice.
Puppies and adolescent dogs may not have a problem with standard polyurethane foams. But as they grow older, your dog may need a special kind of foam core that can help them sleep better.
Although memory foams offer great cushioning ability for a restful sleep; aging and injured dogs may benefit more from orthopedic foams.
If your pet likes to roll around when they sleep, you may want to buy a larger bed for them. This can help lower the risk of injury and allow them to be themselves even during their blissful dreams.
In the event that your dog is the active outdoorsy type, then you may want to get a dog bed with a machine washable cover or an easy-clean cover. This way, you do not have to worry about cleaning the bed for your beloved German Shepherd.
Intended Dog Bed Locations
With the help of human ingenuity, there are comfortable dog beds for both indoor and outdoor use. Dog beds with a waterproof cover are great for both inside the house and out in the porch, patio, or backyard.
How to Wash Dog Beds?
Regardless of the brand and type of dog bed you choose, you would have to know how to wash them to ensure the health and comfort of your pet.
Below is a simple video tutorial on how to keep your pet’s bed as comfy and as good-smelling as the first day you bought it.
Laying the Verdict to Rest: The Best of The Best Dog Bed
Although all of the dog beds in our recommendation list show amazing features and characteristics; we found that FurHaven NAP Indoor/Outdoor Deluxe Orthopedic Mattress Pet Bed is a cut above the rest.
The NAP Indoor/Outdoor Deluxe Orthopedic Mattress Pet Bed won us over by offering an expertly combined an amazing deep convoluted flexible polyurethane foam, an easy-to-clean sleep surface, a water-resistant polycanvas cover, and a wide variety of available sizes.
We believe that the NAP Indoor/Outdoor Deluxe Orthopedic Mattress Pet Bed gives great to your money as it can to be used by your German Shepherd regardless of their age, shape, and size.
We may have chosen the NAP Indoor/Outdoor Deluxe as our best dog bed for German Shepherd pick; but you may want to go with another dog bed in our list. Leave a comment below and share with us what you think should be hailed as the best pet bed for you.