There is a certain joy that you get from brushing a Corgi’s coat; but finding the most appropriate brush to do the job is quite the challenge to anyone. That is why in order to help you out; we present to you our best brush for Corgi guide and picks.
Pet Brushes 101: The Pet Brush Guide
Before we dive into our top recommendations for Corgi brushes; it is best to first learn the importance of grooming and finding the right brush for a specific dog breed.
Benefits of Pet Grooming
Grooming is more than enhancing the appearance of your pup in preparation for dog shows and competitions; but it is also a means to ensure that your dog stays healthy and that they live a long life.
The grooming process consist of:
The Benefits of Grooming Also Include:
- Removal of dead skin, parasites, excess oils, and bad odor.
- Prevention of parasites, bacterial growth, infections, injuries, and other health issues.
- Control or prevent skin-related conditions such as allergies.
- Helps the healthy growth of hair and nails.
- Distributes necessary oils in the body.
- Ensures your pet’s comfort in their everyday life.
- Identification of possible health problems.
There are a lot of benefits and conveniences that you can get from getting a professional groom your pet; but with the hefty price tag attached to it, professional grooming services can be considered a luxury. However, there are also advantages to grooming your furry friend yourself.
- You are able to check on your pet’s health and over-all well-being.
- It can further improve your human-pet bonds.
- It can be a relaxing experience for both you and your pet.
Grooming your pet is more than just making sure that your dog looks and smells nice; it also gives you the opportunity to check up on your dog and strengthen your connection with them.
The Benefits of Daily Coat Brushing
Out of the steps involved in the whole grooming process; experts advise pet owners to brush their canine companion’s coat on a daily basis.
With all the benefits that your dog (and you) can get from brushing your pet’s coat daily; then it is only logical to have your own pet dog brush at home. But what are the qualities of a good pet brush?
The Qualities of a Good Pet Brush
There are different pet brushes available; but pet grooming experts suggest that the type of brush that you should use is dependent on the type of coat that your dog has.
Below is a chart of different brush types for different coats.
[table id=4 /]
Although bristle brushes can be used on almost all types of hair coats; the general rule is the longer the coat, the larger the bristle spaces. Furthermore, the stiffness of the bristles will depend on the coarseness of the hair.
In order to further illustrate the differences, below is a chart depicting the relationship between coat types and bristle type.
[table id=3 /]
Things to Ponder On
In addition to considering the type of bristle, bristle spaces, and hair coat; it is important to take into account two things: your Corgi breed and your budget.
Review of the Best Pet Brush for Corgis
Now that you have acquainted yourself with our simple guide; let us help you further by presenting to you our top recommendations for Corgi pet brushes.
#1 – FURminator deShedding Tool for Dogs
The FURminator deShedding Tool for Dogs is a pet brush that aims to rid of your pet from the troublesome matted hair without much fuss.
- Patented FURminator technology that can reduce your pup’s hair shedding up to 90%.
- Finely spaced metal deShedding edge that can rid your pup of dead and fallen hair.
- Convenient FURejector button for easy and hassle-free cleaning.
- Comfortable ergonomically designed handle to make sure that both you and your furry companion are comfortable while brushing out loose hair.
- Comes in a wide range of sizes from extra small all the way to giant; accommodating both long and short hair coats.
In the event that you are looking for a tool that can help you brush out your pet’s loose hair and reduce shedding at the same time; then the FURminator deShedding Tool for Dogs may be the perfect tool for you and your Corgi.
#2 – King Komb Three Blade Brush
King Komb’s ThreeBlade Brush claims to be a revolutionary brush that can assist you in brushing out loose hairs on your canine and feline companions.
- Uses three top-of-the-line stainless steel edges that takes out your pet’s shedding without harming your precious furry family member.
- Well-designed handle that can fit your palm and help relax your pet while removing the excess hair from their topcoat and undercoat.
- Pet-friendly brush with evenly spaced rubber bristles that can also be used to lather on shampoo and spread topical oils.
- Groomer-approved pet brush that works on all breeds and comes in two eye-catching colors.
If you are looking for a cutting-edge and multi-functional pet brush that your pet can enjoy; then the King Komb Three Blade Brush may be the dog brush that can end your search.
#3 – GoPets Dematting Comb
Advertised as a two-sided professional grooming rake, GoPets’ Dematting Comb promises to be one of the best dematting tools that you will ever have.
- Top-notch brush with 23-tooth and 12-tooth edges to give you a dematting and a deshedding tool in the palm of your hand.
- Durable brush with stainless steel blades and dull rounded edges that can easily remove matted hair and shedding to help your pup get a tangle free coat without harming them.
- Portable and easy-to-use tool that you can use on single and double-coated breed with coat lengths ranging from medium to long.
- Easy-to-grip handle that enables you to properly take hold of the tool and give your pet smooth and shiny coat in no time.
Should you be in the market for a functional pet brush that can give your Corgi a beautiful coat in a matter of minutes; then look no further, because the GoPets Dematting Comb may be the right tool for you.
#4 – JW Pet Company GripSoft Shedding Comb for Dogs
The JW Pet Company GripSoft is a shedding comb that aims to be your and your pet’s everyday dematting ally.
- Made with strong metal bristles that can be tough on tangles and matted hair and not on your pet’s skin.
- Well-designed non-slip handle that gives you the freedom to reach and comb out the excess hair.
- Expertly angled bristles that makes sure that you brush with the grain of the hair topcoat and undercoat.
- Easy-to-use shedding comb that can take off your pet’s loose hair without raking their skin.
Whenever you are seeking for an affordable, simple, and functional brush that can perform as well as more expensive pet brushes; then the JW Pet Company GripSoft Shedding Comb for Dogs may be the tool that you and your Corgi can agree on taking home.
Combing It All Out: The Verdict
The choice to go with the King Komb Three Blade Brush was not an easy one because all of our recommendations have their own sterling characteristics. However, King Komb’s advantages lie in the unique design, the firm rubber bristles, and the easy-to-clean design.
Be it Pembroke Welsh or Cardigan Welsh Corgi, Corgis have two coats and mostly have a medium to long top and undercoat. King Komb’s medium and evenly spaced brush rubber bristles suits the coat length that Corgis pose; and the unique comb design can help you and your pet relax together.
We may have presented you with our best brush for Corgi list and guide; but at the end of the day, you are the one who can ultimately decide which brush is perfect for your canine companion. Talk to us; Share with us Your Thoughts or your own top pick for a brush in the comments section below.