There are a lot of dog harnesses in the market today, but not every single one of them can work for your beloved Pug. That is why, through this best dog harness for Pugs review, we aim to help you find the one that fits your dog, your lifestyle, and your budget.
Finding the right harness should not be hard, as long as you know what to look for and where to look for it. But even if you do not have a clue where to start looking and what exactly you need to look out for; we have a list of our top recommendations for harnesses that might just be perfect for your Pug.
Reviews of the Best Dog Harnesses for Pugs
Our top harness list includes the Lupine Step-In Harness, the Puppia Authentic RiteFit Harness, and the PetSafe Deluxe Easy Walk Harness
#1. Lupine Step-In Harness
The Lupine Step-In Harness is a high-quality, non-restrictive dog harness designed to fit and guide dogs without hurting them in any way.
- Wrap-around style harness that can fit medium to large size dogs.
- Woven nylon dog harness with a strong bar-track stitching that is gentle on your dog’s sensitive skin.
- Welded D-rings that allows you to easily secure a leash on your pet’s back without any hassle.
- Custom designed side buckle that enables you to easily put it on and remove it from your pet.
- Adjustable harness that comes in two 19-28” girth and a 24-38” girth that can accommodate a wide range of dog breeds.
- Easy-to-wash dog harness that you can use for a very long time.
If you are looking for a reasonably priced, adjustable dog harness that you can secure your Pug without any hassle; then the Lupine Step-In Harness may be the dog harness you have been looking for.
#2. Puppia Authentic RiteFit Harness
With a goal of offering a comfortable, stylish, and functional dog harness for your pet; Puppia’s developers came up with the Authentic RiteFit Harness.
- Made with pet-friendly nylon straps and breathable polyester air mesh ensuring that your pet is comfy regardless if it is a quick stroll or a long leisurely walk.
- Strong back D-ring for easy leash access.
- Two quick-release buckles so that you can easily put it on or take it off your dog.
- Adjustable neck and chest belt to ensure that your pet comfortable at all times.
- Sizes includes small, medium, large, and extra-large to fit even those dogs with in-between sizes.
- Comes in a variety of colors including red, black, royal blue, camo, pink, purple, and more to suit your pup’s unique personality.
When you are looking for an affordable and stylish dog harness that truly looks out for your pet’s comfort and needs; then the Puppia Authentic RiteFit Harness may be the harness for your beloved Pug.
#3. PetSafe Deluxe Easy Walk Harness
Developers of the PetSafe Deluxe Easy Walk Harness hopes to provide you with a harness that does not only secure your pet during your outings, but also allows your walks to be a pleasurable experience for both you and your dog.
- Front leash attachment deters your pet’s opposition reflex that discourages leash pulling while you are on your walks.
- With an ingenious leash attachment design that allows you to gently guide your canine companion wherever you want them to go during your strolls.
- Simple harness design that makes it easy for you to put on the harness before a walk and take it off when you get home.
- Strong neoprene line straps and reflective strips that are great to keep track of your pup during night walks.
- Adjustable dog harness in small, medium, medium/large, and large sizes to cater to your dog’s unique size and shape.
- Comes in different colors including apple, ocean, rose, and steel to accommodate your pet’s distinct personality.
Whenever you are in the market for a dog harness for your Pug that can make your walks less of a battle for supremacy and more like an actual calm walk; then the PetSafe Deluxe Easy Walk Harness may just be the harness to end your search.
Dog Harnesses, Your Dog, and You: A Simple Guide to Dog Harnesses
Dog Collars vs. Dog Harnesses
Dog collars and harnesses are generally used to secure and guide dogs during walks. Despite having the same functions, collars and harnesses have their advantages and disadvantages.
With the benefits that dog harnesses present, more and more people choose it over collars.
Pre-Harness Purchase Considerations
There are different kinds of harnesses available today, but before buying the first one you see; you have to consider a few things.
Harness Clip Style
There are generally two clip styles for harnesses, the front and the back clip.
Harnesses with a back clip are great introductory harnesses for younger, smaller, or more active dogs. This will help them get used to the idea of a harness or to assist them to get out of a tough spot whenever it is necessary.
Harnesses sporting a front clip design is a good choice for larger and calmer dogs. Choosing a harness that offsets a dog’s opposition reflex can help in minimizing harness tugging during walks.
Although a Pug has a size that can make you lean towards the back clip style; depending on their personality, you may also find that a front clip style may suit them as well.
Although most of the harnesses are adjustable, one harness cannot fit all kinds of dogs. That is why you should carefully measure your dog.
In the instance that your Pugis in between two sizes, we advise that you choose the size larger rather than the size smaller. This is to ensure that your dog is comfortable and that their breathing and movement is not restricted.
Additional Features You Need
Take note of your Pug’s specific needs. Although nylon harnesses are pet-friendly, leather harnesses may be more suitable for pets with extremely sensitive skin types.
If your pet is prone to injuries or is undergoing rigorous training, you may want to look into harnesses with chest and belly padding to lessen the risk of injuries.
Measuring Your Dog for a Harness
Whatever dog harness you may choose, knowing how to measure your dog for a harness is essential. We can give you detailed step-by-step instruction on how to measure your dog for a harness, but we have decided to provide you with a simple visual aid to make everything as clear as possible.
Below is a quick video tutorial on how can measure your dog for a harness.
The Verdict for the Best Dog Harness for Your Pug
Even though we have presented you with exceptional dog harness choices, we found that the PetSafe Deluxe Easy Walk Harness may be the best dog harness in the bunch.
Despite all of the harnesses showcases a wide range of sizes, flaunts great features, and uses pet-friendly nylon material; the PetSafe Harness won us over with its no-pull design that reduces a dog’s natural opposition reflex to give you a hassle-free walk every single time.
We may think that the PetSafe Deluxe Easy Walk Harness is the best dog harness for pugs; but you are the only one who can determine if it is the right harness for your Pug. Leave a comment below and tell us which of these dog harnesses you think is best for your adorable Pug.