Clipping your Shih Tzu’s hair can be a daunting task unless you have the right pair of dog clippers for the job. If you have not the slightest idea on how to find the best dog clippers for Shih Tzu; then we are here for you.
There are a lot of pet care products in the market today, and along with that are assortments of dog hair trimmers and clippers for your beloved dog; but not all of them is suitable for your furry friend. Do not worry, because you may be able to find the one with our top dog clipper recommendations.
Reviews of the Best Dog Clippers for Your Shih Tzu
Our top clipper picks for your canine companion includes: the Wahl Professional Animal Bravura Lithium Clipper, the Oster A5 Animal Grooming Clipper, the GoPets Dematting Comb with Professional Grooming Rake, and the Wahl Professional Animal Deluxe U-Clip Pet Clipper Trimmer Grooming Kit.
Wahl’s Professional Animal Bravura Lithium Clippers strives to be an innovative piece of pet grooming equipment that can help you care for your furry companion without much fuss and muss.
- Cordless dog clipper with lithium ion technology that give you the freedom to trip your dog’s hair at 5000 strokes per minute without worrying over cords and power extensions.
- Lightweight clipper with five blade sizes and 90 minutes of wireless operation making it an ideal device for grooming your dog’s face, feet, torso, and more.
- Quiet and virtually maintenance-free clipper that comes with different comb attachments to help you thoroughly groom your dog.
- Five blades include: fine, coarse, pro, diamond, and surgical-use blades giving you a wide range of grooming options.
- Comes in a variety of attractive colors including berry, gunmetal, pink, turquoise, and purple.
If you are looking for a pet grooming device for your Shih Tzu that can perform the function of five clippers in one; then the Wahl Professional Animal Bravura Lithium Clippers may be the perfect clippers for you.
The Oster A5 is a handheld animal grooming clipper that aims to meet and exceed all of your dog hair clipper expectations without doing serious damage to your bank account.
- Equipped with a universal motor that has the capacity to give you 3000 strokes per minute and 4000 strokes per minute for fast and powerful hair clipping.
- Created with a detachable blade system that uses #10 blades allowing you to change your blades without any hassle.
- Packaged with a simple maintenance kit and replacement carbon brushes so that you can use it for a very long time.
- Uses Cryogenic technology to ensure that the blades are as strong enough to handle all of your animal hair clipping demands.
- Comes in black and blue and can be used for canines, feline, equines, livestock, and more.
Should you be in the market for a powerful, versatile, and reasonably priced dog hair clipper for your Shih Tzu and other animals you may have; then the Oster A5 Animal Grooming Clipper may just be the clipper to put your search to rest.
The GoPets Dematting Comb with Professional Grooming Rake is a manual pet care tool that wants to give your dog a great coat of hair in the most straightforward fashion.
- Manual dematting comb with two sides that allows you to take out matted and loose hair from your pet without harming their skin.
- High density comb optimal for deshedding and undercoat raking.
- Lower density comb ideal for battling hair matts and tangles.
- Made with a non-slip handle to give you a good grip on the comb while easily removing tangles, matts, and unnecessary hair.
- Pet-friendly device that can be used for both dogs and cats and can give them smooth and silky coats.
Whenever you are in the market for a simple yet effective device that can give you full control of how your Shih Tzu is groomed; then the GoPets Dematting Comb with Professional Comb Rake may be the pet grooming tool for you.
More than just a device, the Wahl Professional Animal Deluxe U-Clipper Pet Clipper is a full grooming kit that wants to provide you with all of your pet grooming tools you would ever need in one package.
- Equipped with a powerful motor and an adjustable #30-15-10 stainless steel blade to clip, trim, and groom hair for dogs with mid-length coats.
- Created to exhibit 30% more power making it a good clipping tool for your dog’s face, paws, legs, and torso.
- Packaged with a variety of attachments and accessories including seven combs, stainless steel styling scissors, and styling comb that allow you to thoroughly groom and style your pet’s hair.
- Comes with an instructional disc and maintenance kit that ensures that your clipper is working in its optimal condition for a very long time.
In the event that you are seeking for an affordable grooming kit with a medium-duty clipper for your Shih Tzu’s grooming needs; then perhaps the Wahl Professional Animal Deluxe U-Clipper Pet Clipper Trimmer Grooming Kit may be the one for you and your adorable Shih Tzu.
Dog-Tastic Grooming: Dog Grooming Basics that You Should Know
Importance of Grooming Your Adorable Furry Companion
Aside from its intended aesthetic purpose, dog grooming can also help keep your loving pup healthy.
Some of the benefits that your pet can enjoy from regular grooming include:
- Keeps your pet free from parasites.
- Controls allergies and other skin conditions.
- Ensures healthy growth of nails and hair.
- Helps your pet feel more comfortable.
- Alerts you of any abnormalities and possible health issues.
Professional Dog Grooming vs. At-Home Dog Grooming
Since we have established that grooming is a must to keep your pet happy and healthy; the next issue is to whether to get them professionally groomed or just do it yourself.
Pros of Professional Grooming
- It is really convenient.
- Professional groomers can easily identify abnormalities and possible health risks.
- Spa day for your canine companion.
Cons of Professional Grooming
- Can be expensive.
- Dogs need to be trained a bit in order to get used to being handled by strangers for grooming.
- May cause anxiety to your furry friend if their first grooming experience was unpleasant.
Pros of DIY Grooming
- Grooming can be treated as quality time for you and your pet.
- You can personally check your pup’s over-all health.
- Does not cost as much money.
- May be a relaxing experience for your furry friend as well as for yourself.
- You get the opportunity to know how you can handle your pet better.
Cons of DIY Grooming
- You do all the work.
- You may need to buy some grooming tools.
Which Clipper to Buy for Your Shih Tzu?
If you choose to groom your pet yourself, you would have to purchase a few tools including a dog hair clipper to keep their coat of hair manageable and matt-free. But before buying a clipper, you should consider the following things:
Different dog breeds exhibit different coat characteristics. Some breeds may have long single coats while others may have double coats of varying lengths.
Fortunately for the Shih Tzu and the Maltese Shih Tzu, they both have long silky coats. Grooming their coats can be a bit troublesome because of the length and its proneness to tangles and matts; that is why you may need a clipper that can handle it all without harming your pet’s skin.
You should know whether you would want to have a battery-powered, a corded, or a manual clipper.
Although the battery-powered clipper can give you freedom to move about; the corded one can ensure that you do not lose power in the middle of grooming. At the same time, although a battery-powered and corded tool can be convenient and fast; a manual clipper can help you connect more with your pet.
If you have one Shih Tzu to care for then you may go for the manual tool; but if you have several dogs to groom, you may want to opt for the battery-powered of the corded one.
How to Perform Basic Clipper Maintenance
Regardless of which clipper you choose; knowing how to keep them well-maintained is a valuable piece of knowledge. To make things easier for you, below is a simple video tutorial on how you can properly take care of your dog clippers.
Trimming Your Choices: Our Pick for the Best Dog Clippers For Your Beloved Shih Tzu
Although all of our dog clipper recommendations possess amazing features; we think that the Wahl Professional Animal Deluxe U-Clip Pet Clipper Trimmer Grooming Kit is the best clipper in the bunch.
Aside from being a clipper that possesses a long cord, high-quality stainless steel blades, and reliable motor; the Deluxe U-Clip gives great value for money because you get a full grooming kit and a clipper maintenance kit all for the price of one clipper.
The Deluxe U-Clip may be our pick for the best of the best, but we know that it might not be the same for you. Leave a comment below and tell us your pick in our best dog clippers for Shih Tzu recommendation list.